Sunday 19 May 2013

Abstract painting sells for $43m in NY. For this painting? Say wetin??

A painting by New York abstract artist Barnett Newman sold for a record $43.8 million at Sotheby's last night. Onement Vi, a 8.5ft by 10ft dark blue canvas with Newman's distinctive 'zip' running through the centre, was painted in 1953.  It is the last of six pieces the artist created for his Onement series. Four of the oil on canvas paintings are now owned by museums.





Say wetin!!!! For a canvas with blue background and one line running all the way down.
I tire!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your new truck is perfect for a family get away and amazing adventures! I bet you can drive it on a highway or even in a very rocky road with ease because of its body lift! I always dreamt of owning a truck because I love traveling, and it has every space that I need for my luggage. :D Have a great trip!

    Abstract Paintings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...